Worst. Bloggers. Ever. How many times can we apologize for being so neglectful of our totally awesome audience? Don’t answer that! Instead we present this first of many peace offerings, in the form of one of Jessica’s famed “Wingin’ it Recipes.”
There are few things in the world that I like more than kale. Cause it’s delicious, nutritious, and it currently matches the dye job do I’m sporting. For this winging’ it recipe we’ll be using Kale, Tofu, Ginger, Sesame Oil, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, and if your mouth isn’t already watering you should just leave now. I based this recipe off another recipe I found at some point online, and added my own little twist!
- two fists full of Kale that has been de-stemmed and de-ribbed or if you’re feeling lazy just rip it into pieces
- half a block of drained and pressed extra firm Tofu cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 – 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/8 tsp Ground Ginger or more depending on your taste preference
- 2 pinches Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, again more or less to your taste
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium Soya Sauce, or regular Soya Sauce whatever you want/got
- Heat oil in frying pan/skillet at medium heat
- Add Tofu and cook until evenly golden
- Add Kale, Ginger, Pepper Flakes and sauté until Kale starts to brown/caramelize
- Add Soya Sauce and coat evenly, sauté for 2-3 minutes
- Serve with your favourite grain or whatever you want!
Personally I never have had luck making tofu. It just doesn’t like me. But this recipe was so easy and fast and DELICIOUS! Definitely one for the tofu fans!
I love this recipe because I’m able to adjust it to suit whatever vegetables I have in my refrigerator or increase the dressing to suit however many mouths I’m stuffing. I’m a soya sauce fiend so definitely use less than the recipe says if you’re not that kinda person.